Hello Everyone! Welcome to Episode 11 of Legals and Biz with Riz! Today, I’ll be talking about 6 Tips For Getting Paid As A Freelancer.
What does everyone love? Getting paid!! So here are Foundd’s 6 Tips for Getting Paid as A Freelancer. Bring on the dough...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Invoice right away. Don’t be shy. You run a business, friend!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Ask for prompt payment. Don’t have those 30 day terms that keep you sweating as rent day sneaks closer. Keep the terms short and sweet, we’re talking 7 to 14 days, tops.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Make on time payments worthwhile. Give an early bird discount of say 5%; discounts are strong motivators.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Make it easy for them to pay you. Offer up credit card or PayPal links to your Xero or Wave accounts so it’s all paid with the click of a button. Click! Cha-ching! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Make sure you get at least 50% up front before work starts so everyone knows this business is being taken seriously. And, well, so you don’t get ripped off. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Make sure you get paid before releasing the work. The last thing you want is a work-and-run! So not cool…⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Communicating these terms during your discovery call, then also including them in your quote/proposal, Services Agreement, and invoice will ensure the client has fully understood and read the terms at least once (or hopefully, all 4 times). Might seem a bit overkill, but trust. Better safe than sorry, we say. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
LINKS IN THIS EPISODE
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Don’t want to miss an episode? Then subscribe to Legals & Biz with Riz! I’ll be mixing up my regular episodes with sneaky little bonus episodes and you definitely don't want to miss those!
If you’re feeling the love and want to share some around, I’d truly appreciate it if you could leave me a review! Taking the time to leave a review means so much, and it would also ensure that other people get to hear about me, too! What can I say? I love the love. So go ahead, it’ll only take a minute! In iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, select the stars icon to leave your rating then click “Write a Review” button, this will open up a pop-up window for you to write and submit a review! Easy peasy. Let me know what you liked about the podcast and I’ll make sure to create more content around your faves. Thank you so much!FOLLOW ME
You can also find me: